When you’re abroad, you might wish to know the times of both home and the place you’re traveling to in one quick glance. Here are the 3 methods that you can display 2 clocks of different cities on your Galaxy S4.
i. Using Dual Clock widget
The Dual Clock (digital) widget is a built-in widget that lets you display the times of 2 different cities on your home screen. While my old Galaxy S3 used to have both the digital and the analog version, the Galaxy S4 only features the digital clock.
To have the Dual Clock (digital) widget to your home screen:
- In the application list, tap the Widgets tab to open the widget panel.
- Scroll left or right on the widget panel to find the Dual Clock (digital) widgets.
- Tap and drag the Dual Clock widget to a home screen.
- Next, tap the Dual Clock widget to select the cities.
ii. Using the Weather widget
By default, the Galaxy S4 has a 4 x 2 Weather widget placed on the primary home screen (Well, at least for GT-I9500/9505). And this widget can be further customized to show the weather information and time of more than one city. Here’s how:
- Tap on the Weather widget on your home screen.
- Tap the Menu icon on the top right corner.
- On the Weather screen, tap the + icon.
- Enter the city name in the search box, and then tap the appropriate city in the search result.
- Back to the home screen, you can swipe up and down to view the time and weather info. of different cities.
- You can also enable auto-scrolling of the clocks in the Settings of the Weather widget.
iii. Using the 3rd party apps
If you don’t like what’s given to you out of the box, there are quite a number of clock widget apps on the Google Play that let you show 2 or more clocks of different timezones. Here are some that I’ve tried personally on my Galaxy S4.
- World Clock & Widget by NRS Magic LTD
- Dual Digit World Clock Widget by StudioSK
- World Weather Clock Widget by satok
- World Clock widget by Tomas Hubalek
- The World Clock Free by in-trinity
- Advanced Clock Widget by Zooper Inc