Image credit: item.mi.com
Weight: 208g / Height: 165.3mm / Width: 76.6mm / Thickness: 8.79mm
2020 May (China)
6GB RAM + 128GB storage = CNY1999
ocean blue, purple, white, mint blue
6.67” 20:9 LCD display, FHD+ 2400 x 1080, 120Hz refresh rate
Back: 64MP (main, F1.89) + 8MP (ultrawide, FOV 120°, F2.2) + 2MP (macro, 2cm focus distance, F2.4) + 2MP (depth, F2.4)
Zoom: 10x digital zoom
Front: 20MP + 2MP (depth)
4500mAh, 30W fast charging
Processor: Snapdragon 768 / GPU: Adreno 620
MIUI 11 (based Android 10)
USB Type-C, 3.5mm audio jack, Side mounted fingerprint sensor, IR Blaster, Multi-functional NFC
Features highlighted in the launch event
- Redmi, together with JD.com, has released the Redmi K30 5G Speed Edition, which is the world’s first smartphone to be powered by the Snapdragon 768G processor.
- The new processor offers 30% better CPU performance, 50% better GPU performance, and 140% better AI computing performance when compared to the previous Snapdragon 730G processor.
- The Snapdragon 768G also includes an integrated 5G modem that supports dual-mode SA/NSA 5G.
- Similar to the regular Redmi K30 5G, the Speed Edition comes with what Redmi calls the 12-group Antenna design to boost the mobile and Wi-Fi connections, and 5G MultiLink to allow users to concurrently connect to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi, 5GHz Wi-Fi and 5G/4G mobile network for a high-speed and stable Internet experience.
Image credit: Redmi K30 5G Speed Edition Launch Event
- The Speed Edition comes with an anti-slip matte finish with a glossy circular camera module.
- For protection, the phone is wrapped in Corning Gorilla Glass 5, both on the front and back.
- The phone comes in a new mint blue color and three other colors (ocean blue, white and purple) that were introduced for the regular Redmi K30 5G.
- Like the regular K30 5G, the Speed Edition comes with a 120Hz LCD display with a pill-shaped cutout that houses dual selfie cams.
- To offer a great viewing experience, it has really thin bezels measuring 2.05mm at the top, 1.85mm on the sides, and 4.25mm at the bottom.
d. Camera system
- The phone has 6 cameras, featuring a 64MP primary + 8MP ultrawide + 5MP macro + 2MP depth on the rear and a 20MP primary + 2MP depth on the front.
- The phone also supports the Super Night mode that uses the same RAW based computation that Mi 10 Pro is using for brighter low light photos.
- Other camera features include Vlog mode for you to shoot and produce vlogs effortlessly and AI Skyscaping for you to change the look of the sky of your photos.
- The Redmi K30 5G Speed is powered by a 4500mAh battery that supports 30W fast charging.
- Other fan-favorite features include multi-functional NFC, a type-C charging port, a 3.5 headphone jack, and IR blaster.