Taking the popular GO Keyboard app as an example, I’ll show how to install a new keyboard and set it as default on your Xiaomi phone.
- On your Xiaomi phone, download Go Keyboard from Google Play.
- When the download completes, launch the Settings app, and then tap General settings > Language & input.
- Tap to enable Go Keyboard (or any other new keyboard you’ve installed) on your phone.
- To set the newly installed keyboard as default, tap Default, and then select Go Keyboard.
- To customize the keyboard, tap next to Go Keyboard to view more settings.
Note: The steps here were written for a Xiaomi device running MIUI V5. If you’re having a different version of MIUI, there’s a possibility that the steps and screenshots will be different.