When it comes to setting a picture as your home screen wallpaper, do you get irritated that you’re forced to crop the image to a certain size, and for some reason only a small part of the image is shown in the background ?
If you’re as annoyed as I am, you’re probably searching high and low for a workaround. Here’s one that uses a 3rd party app, Image 2 Wallpaper.
- Download Image 2 Wallpaper from Google Play.
- Launch Image 2 Wallpaper.
- Tap Pick image from gallery to select an image for the wallpaper.
- Now, you can drag the photo left/right or pinch in/pinch out. The area within the red outline will be shown as your background image. Tip: You can shrink (zoom out) the picture to a size that the whole image is within the red outline.
- When you finish adjusting, tap Set as wallpaper.
Now, when you flip through the home screens, you might notice the wallpaper moves and the black bars on the left and right sides of the wallpaper. To fix this, you need to change the Wallpaper alignment option:
- On your phone, find and launch the Settings app.
- Tap General settings > Display > Default Launcher > System launcher > Wallpaper alignment.
- Select either Center.