When you do a Google search on your Redmi, you can actually look for things on the web and on your phone.
Here’s how to do a search on your Redmi phone :
- On your Redmi, you should see the 4 x 1 Google Search bar on the main home screen. If not, you can drag one from the Widgets tray.
- Tap the Search bar to launch the Search screen.
- Next, you can enter a search keyword in the Search box. If there are items on the phone that match the keyword, be it apps or contacts, you should see them being listed below the Search box.
- To search further on the phone, tap Search Phone.
- To search on the Internet, you can tap the magnifying glass button on the virtual keyboard.
How to customize the search targets of phone search ?
- On your Redmi, tap the Search bar to open the Search screen.
- Tap the Menu button, then hit Settings.
- Select Phone search.
- On the Phone search screen, select the items you want Google search to search.
Note: The steps here were written for Android 4.2.2 on a Redmi (HM1W). If you’re having a different model of Redmi or other version of Android, there’s a possibility that the steps and screenshots will be different.